Sunday, June 18, 2006

CHAIN OF ROCKS BRIDGE





I had a difficult time getting out of St. Louis. In fact, it was so difficult that I decided to go back to Illinois to escape St. Louis. My passage?....THE CHAIN OF ROCKS BRIDGE. This bridge was on the original Route 66. Today, only walkers, joggers, and cyclists have access to this mile long bridge that crosses the Mississippi. In the second photo from the bottom you can see downtown St. Louis...Included the ARCH. The scenes of the bridge and from the bridge were very impressive. When in St. Louis...I recommend you checking it out. When on the Illinois side I peddled 20 miles to Alton IL on a great bike path, and then continued along the river to Quency IL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jamie!
You're an inspiration.

Chad

Anonymous said...

Good to see you last night. Look like you are doing well! Congrats!! Go Hawks!

Todd

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Lots of people are asking about your progress and I am glad to be able to give them info that you are safe and moving along!
Aunt Sandy from Chippewa